Friday, October 28, 2011

Final Views of the South

As I am posting this, I am in the hotel in Varanasi, having just come in from Agra, home of the Taj Mahal in Uttar Pradesh, both about which I will be writing soon. In following posts I will be reflecting on some of the big differences I see between the Hindi-derivative speaking North and the Dravidian South. Could not be more different, yet still both distinctly "Indian."

For the moment, here are some parting shots of Maruthakulam, Tamil Nadu, where we filmed many of our scenes, including several in the Bishop Sargent Memorial church seen below. In addition, I have posted some pictures of my last day in the southern climes of the sub-continent, specifically in Kovalam, Kerala.

Enjoy.






























No comments:

Post a Comment